Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a topic below for answers to the most common questions relating to the topic. If your question is neither answered here, then please ask us using our contact form here.
Excess baggage is extra eight of baggage which exceeds the maximum weight allowed. Maximum allowed baggage is 20 kg for all flight routes except certain routes which technically not possible. Excess baggage will be charged based on existing rule.
- Each passenger has one’s seat number and required to be seated based on the number.
- Passengers are required to switch off their mobile phones during any Sriwijaya Air flight. The use of mobile phone may interrupt aircraft navigation system and lead to a fatal incident.
- The use of laptops and other electronic devices are only allowed after takeoff and before landing.
- All Sriwijaya Air flights are non smoking.
- Sriwijaya Air provides snacks, meal (for long haul flights) and drinks.
- Infant is kids between 2-12 years old
- Baby is kids between 0-23 months,with not more than 40cm waist and baby’s head is not higher than carrier’s lower nose.
Sriwijaya Air does not accept animals for carriage as accompanied baggage in passangers cabin
You may contact Sriwijaya Air Call Center at 021-292 79 777 or 0804 1 777 777 or find our nearest sales office here.
You can reserve your ticket though several channels:
- 24 hours Call Center 021-292 79 777 atau 0804 1 777 777
- Sriwijaya Air sales office (click here to find the nearest Sriwijaya Air sales office)
- Any airport in Sriwijaya Air’s destination cities
- Online booking at www.sriwijayaair.co.id
- Nearest travel agency
- Ticket booking though Sriwijaya Air’s website offers several payment methods, including ATM, Internet Banking and Credit Cards. If you choose ATM, the system will deliver payment code to your email which had to be keyed in correctly when conducting the payment on ATMs.
- If you choose Internet Banking, you will easily find Sriwijaya Air on E-Commerce Payment menu. Please find more comprehensive guidance here.
- Payment for your ticket booked from travel agencies may vary depends on each agency’s policy. Please contact your favorite travel agency to find out more about payment details.
Passengers with special needs such as stretcher, have to reserve their tickets though special procedures. Please find the nearest Sriwijaya Air’ sales office from the contact list.
When making the reservation, you will be required to:
- Show medical certificate that describes the condition to our staff
- Sign an official letter from Sriwijaya Air regarding the special need
- Be accompanied by at least one or two friends/family
Schedule changes and flight cancelation might occur due to technical and safety issues. When it happens, we go through technical procedures to fix the problem and arrange replacement flight schedule as soon as possible. Passengers will be informed by phone and announcements at airport.
- Schedule changes, passenger info changes and ticket cancelations regulations depend on each class of the ticket. Before buying ticket, please read the detailed rules of the ticket to avoid unnecessary errors.
- Online ticket booking does not enable passengers to edit names after transaction. Please make sure that all the passenger information are correctly keyed in before submitting.
- Bring your ticket or printed e-ticket, you will need it to enter the airport check in area.
- Make sure that your ID card is valid and ready to be verified in check in counter. For international flight passengers, you have to own passport and visa (when needed).
- Passengers have to finish check in process 1 hour and 45 minutes prior to flight schedule to prevent flight delays.
- Check in can be done in check at check in counters in airports.
- You are allowed to bring maximum 20 kilograms baggage for all destinations except Tanjung Pinang – Jakarta (15 kilograms). Excess baggage will be charged as per existing rule.
- We suggest you to wrap your belongings well, to ensure that everything is safe.
- For your convenience, we suggest you not to store your valuables inside the baggage.